Discipleship at Eastern Shore Baptist Church
Eastern Shore Baptist Church refers to their Sunday morning discipleship offerings as Life Groups. It is the mission of these weekly gatherings to study God's Word, pray for one another, encourage, and live out Hebrews 10:25, "And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near."
Life Groups meet each Sunday at 9 a.m.
Eastern Shore Baptist Church offers several different offerings on Wednesday nights.
- Men's Group: All men are invited to a weekly Bible study in room 206 at 5 p.m.. This time is led by Dr. Stuart Davidson. Men's Group is a healthy discussion on current day events, Biblical topics, and Bible passages.
- Women's Bible Study: All women are invited to a weekly Bible Study in room 109 at 5:30 p.m. Each week, ladies of all ages gather to read God's Word, encourage each other, and pray for one another.
- Prayer Meeting: Join us as Bryant Thompson and Dr. Stuart Davidson lead in a focused time of prayer and short Bible study. Prayer Meeting meets in the Chapel of ESBC at 6 p.m. each Wednesday night.
- Replicate: Replicate is our offering for students age 7th grade through Senior in High School. Josh Raybon delivers powerful messages geared for young people. There is also opportunities to worship, pray and give. Replicate meets in the Youth Building from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. There is a fellowship time where food is served from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Music & Missions: A program geared towards our children. Children's Choirs start at 5:30 p.m. in the children's building. Choir is then followed up by our Mission program led by Will Haynes. Your child can expect great adult leadership, fun games, songs, and tremendous teaching each Wednesday night. M&M starts at 5:30 p.m. and concludes at 7:30 p.m.
Eastern Shore Baptist Church offers University level classes throughout the year. We call these offerings ESBCU. Classes are available for each age group. These classes meet on the campus of ESBC and start at 5 p.m. and end at 6:30 p.m. The only time that these classes are not offered is during the summer. Below is a complete list of classes that are being offered in the Fall of 2018. Eastern Shore Baptist Church University starts September 9th.
ESBCU Fall Semester 2018
Class: How to Share Your Faith with Everyone - Part 1
Teachers: Brenda Taylor and Johnathen Smith
Description: Want to share Jesus, but don't know how? or why? This training is a 12 week course presented in two 6 week terms in exploring why we share Jesus with practical tools and techniques demonstrated. We will experience what happens when we share the gospel, and how this process can be successful throughout the world.
What To Bring: Your love for the lost, a Bible, pen, and 1" 3-ring binder
Class: Not A Fan-A Class For Women
Teacher/Facilitator: Candace Raybon
fan: an enthusiastic admirer.
In the Gospels, Jesus never seemed too interested in fans.
Is that how you define your relationship with Him? An "enthusiastic admirer"? Close enough to Jesus to get the benefits but not so close to require sacrifice?
He was looking for followers. Not just any follower though, but a...
COMPLETELY. COMMITTED. FOLLOWER.
How would things change if you lived as Jesus lived, and loved the way He loved?
Maybe you’re ready to join the hundreds of people who have stepped across a line and said: I am not a fan.
What To Bring: Notebook and Bible
Class: Marvin Brown’s Men’s Class
Teacher: Marvin Brown
What To Bring:
Class: AWANA Clubs
Teacher: Will Haynes and AWANA leaders
Description: Awana Club is a children’s ministry committed to reaching boys and girls with the gospel of Jesus Christ and training them to serve Him. Awana clubs are a place where children can play games, memorize Bible verses and learn Bible lessons.
Cost: Puggles, $15; Cubbies and Sparks, $22; T&T, $28 (Optional: Handbook Bag, $7)
Room: Nursery Building and Activities Building
What To Bring: Awana Uniform Shirt or Vest, Awana Book (Sparks and T & T only) and Bible
Class: “He Said What?”
Teacher: Josh Raybon
Description: Did Jesus literally mean we should cut off our hand if it causes us to stumble? Does Jesus want us to leave our parents or families in order to follow Him? Jesus said some seemingly crazy things in the New Testament. In this 8 week class, we will look at some challenging things that Jesus communicated to his first century followers, and try to determine what implications they have for the 21st century Christ follower.
Cost: Your Life...joking it’s free
What to Bring: Bible, pen, paper
Class: Security Lessons: Keeping God’s People Safe
Teacher: Mike Hovey, Scott Thompson (Security Trainer) and Adam Byrd (Daphne Fire Dept. Medical)
Description: Churches are continually being targeted with violence in the United States. As a response, Eastern Shore Baptist Church has assembled trained professionals that welcome visitors, secure the church campus, and keep God’s people safe. Are you interested in learning more about church security? Are you interested in serving on a security team but lack training or understanding? Are you just looking for education on how a proper church security team should function? Are you looking for tips on what to do if an active shooter situation happens to you? Come and learn from professionals and experts with decades of experience.
What To Bring: Pen and paper for your notes.
Teachers/Staff: Tony and Carol Higginbotham, Michaelyn Gober, Jake Brown, John Hutzler, George Dueitt, Angela Davidson, Joanne Webb
Description: The purpose of Youth Choir is to plant the Word of God into the hearts and minds of our students with music and to give them the opportunity to share the Gospel! Youth Choir leads in worship once per month on Sunday mornings. Youth choir combines music and missions and goes on choir tour each summer on Memorial Day week.
- -Participation is open to all 7-12 grade students
- -No experience or audition is required
- -Visitors and new members are always welcome
Room: Adult Choir Room
What To Bring: A good attitude, a teachable spirit, and a willingness to serve others.
Class: Touch Visitation
Teachers: Bryant Thompson and Stuart Davidson
Description: Join Stuart and Bryant each Sunday night at 5:00 p.m. in the Sanctuary for a brief time of evangelism and visitation training. Come to learn how to effectively reach out to the community and share a bold witness for Jesus Christ. TOUCH stands for Telling Others Until Called Home. We will take what we learn on Sunday nights and transfer those lessons into action. All materials will be provided.
Room: Sanctuary Foyer
What To Bring: A cheerful spirit.